Website Under Construction
The Ipswich Chantry was founded in 1509 by Edmund Daundy.
The foundation of the present house is believed to date from 1700.
From 1795 onwards Charles Collinson enlarged the estate to 208 hectares and it is he who was responsible for developing the character of much of the registered park which survives today.
Chantry Park features gardens designed in the mid-19th century by W. A. Nesfield on the site of the earlier park.